Wednesday 10 April 2019

George Henry Harlow. Girl with rabbit.



George Henry Harlow.
Bought this little canvas on Ebay. Filthy and the canvas frail. Circa: 1800.

I found similar images to this unsigned painting, which are the work of George Henry Harlow, 10 June 1787 – 4 February 1819.
George Henry Harlow

George Henry Harlow

Finished canvas cleaned and polished.
After? George Henry Harlow or John Russell
Strange, when rummaging around on the web, and an image/print is found that is the same as a painting I've bought. Third time it's happened to me. This is the original post. I drew similarities to George Henry Harlow.

But then I found these prints, date ranges from regency, to mid and late Victorian, to Edwardian. A popular image! John Russell RA (29 March 1745 – 20 April 1806). 'My favourite rabbit.' 




No comments:

Post a Comment